Latest Job Openings at ISRO ( Indian Space Research Organisation )
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bangalore. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.”Formed in 1969, ISRO superseded the erstwhile Indian National Committee for Space Research (INCOSPAR) established in 1962 by the efforts of independent India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, and his close aide and scientist Vikram Sarabhai. The establishment of ISRO thus institutionalized space activities in India. It is managed by the Department of Space, which reports to the Prime Minister of India.
ISRO built India’s first satellite, Aryabhata, which was launched by the Soviet Union on 19 April 1975. It was named after the Mathematician Aryabhata. In 1980, Rohini became the first satellite to be placed in orbit by an Indian-made launch vehicle, SLV-3. ISRO subsequently developed two other rockets: the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) for launching satellites into polar orbits and the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) for placing satellites into geostationary orbits. These rockets have launched numerous communications satellites and earth observation satellites. Satellite navigation systems like GAGAN and IRNSS have been deployed. In January 2014, ISRO successfully used an indigenous cryogenic engine in a GSLV-D5 launch of the GSAT-14.
Current Vacancies – Indian Space Research Organisation
Organization Name: Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO)/Department of Space (DOS)
Employment Category: Central Government Job.
Total Vacancies: 171
Job Location: Across India.
Pay Scale: Rs.25,500/-
Vacancy Details for ISRO Recruitment 2018:
|Name of Post||Vacancies|
|Junior Personal Assistants||166|
Eligibility criteria for ISRO Recruitment 2018:
- Graduation in Arts/Commerce/Management/ Science/Computer Applications/Diploma in Commercial/Secretarial Practice with First Class with one year experience as Steno-Typist/Stenographer/Basic Knowledge in Computers.
- Check more details of educational qualification in official notification given below.
- Minimum age limitation is 18 Years & Maximum age limitation is 26 years as on 30.04.2018.
- Check details of age relaxation in official notification given below.
- Written Test.
- Skill Test.
Mode of Application
- Online Mode
- SC/ST/Ex-Service man/Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) – Nil
- Others – Rs.100/-
Mode of Payment
- Online Mode-By Internet Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
- Offline Mode-By Challan -State Bank of India (SBI).
Starting date for submission of online application10.04.2018
Last date for submission of online application30.04.2018
Last date for payment of exam fee02.05.2018
Visit indianjobvacancy.com Daily for new updates.